Thursday, June 18, 2009

Late Night with Jimmy Fallon Highlights

I've heard a lot of people complain about Jimmy Fallon on Late Night, but I happen to like him. This is probably because I loved him on SNL, but I just think he is a good guy, and it's nice to see him be successful. I agree he isn't a Leno or Letterman, but he just started. At least give him time to get the hang of it. I compiled a few of my favorite moments from the past few weeks to give you a sample of what you're missing if you don't watch. The show definitely has it's moments.

I recently discovered that I love when late night talk show hosts have animals on their show. They get all uncomfortable that there is something on set that can bite them, but they try to keep their cool and go along with it. This past Friday's episode had Jarod Miller on with a handful of different creatures. My favorites were the baby grizzly bear and the wallaby. The wallaby came out first in a pouch so we couldn't see him. Miller slung the pouch over Jimmy and then pulled the wallaby's head out so he could see the audience. He eventually pulled the wallaby out of the pouch completely, but the wallaby didn't really like being on display. In less than 30 seconds, he turned around and dove back into the pouch. He peeked out once he was snug and I almost died from cute overload.

The baby grizzly bear was up next and had one of the weirdest mannerisms I had ever seen. It sort of suckled on Jarod Miller's hand and eventually moved up his arm. He wasn't hurting him, but it looked so odd. At one point the bear looked like he was gnawing on a corn on the cob. It was pretty adorable. Nom nom nom.


This week I was SHOCKED when Horatio Sanz came on. I figured, cool, old SNL cast member. But when he came out, I thought they were pulling a prank and bringing in a stand in. Um no. Apparently that is the actual Horatio Sanz. I didn't really believe it until the end of the segment. He has lost 100 pounds and looks fantastic. It makes me feel uber lazy. See for yourself. The first picture is of Horatio and Jimmy doing a sketch a long time ago on SNL, and the second is a shot of them talking on Late Night this week. Is anyone else surprised?



The last highlight I'll mention is the one everyone has probably already heard of anyway. Mark-Paul Gosselaar visited the show and acted as if he was Zack Morris. Gosselaar has usually turned away from Saved By The Bell references and has avoided bring up Zack Morris for years. I don't know how NBC got him to agree to this.

He came out and did a monologue to the camera like the old Zack Morris, and also did the usual show gags, like pulling out a ginormous cell phone, pulling down a life size poster of Kelly (who he claims moved to a new zip code, referencing Tiffani Amber Theissen's role on Beverly Hills, 90210), and doing a time out on set (all the crew members froze to play along). It was great for hard core fans of Saved By the Bell.

Jimmy Fallon has been trying to do a Saved By the Bell reunion on his show and is keeping track of which stars have agreed to go along with it. So far, Mr. Belding, Lisa, Slater, Zack, and Jessie are all in. Now if only Kelly and Screech would come back....I can't believe Dustin Diamond would turn down an opportunity to make money. He did so many trashy reality shows on VH1. If you want to see the old gang together, you can sign a petition on Jimmy Fallon's website over at NBC.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment